>pip install synapseutils Collecting synapseutils Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement synapseutils (from versions: ) No matching distribution found for synapseutils My python 2.7. You don't have a version for python 2.7? Do I have to move up to 3.0?

Created by Chunyu Liu liucy
Hello @liucy! We definitely still support Python 2.7, at least for the time being. There will come a time when our level of support drops to bug-fixes only, and new features will require Python 3 -- you can read about our deprecation plans in the docs site. https://python-docs.synapse.org And to clarify, when we eventually sunset our support of Python 2 (planned removal is in version 2.0 of our own Python client, as Kara noted, which is currently planned for late Q1 2019), we will not remove it for older versions, so you can continue using an older version if you prefer not to switch to Python 3; the version you are currently using will still be supported for some time. We are following the deprecation path of other major Python packages such as Pandas, which announced dropping Python 2 support in January 2019. Best, Meredith Slota
Hi Chunyu! synapseutils is available through the synapseclient, so if you do `pip install synapseclient` you should then have access to synapseutils as well. I believe we do intend to remove support for Python 2 in the next version of the client (version 2.0), but for now it should still work with Python 2.7.

problem installing synapseutils page is loading…