I am trying to get your synapseclient to work, using python 2 environment on PC Got an error: ">>> syn.store(File('d:/results.txt', parentId='syn18415981')) ################################################## Uploading file to Synapse storage################################################## Uploading [####################]100.00% 16.9kB/16.9kB results.txt Done... Traceback (most recent call last): File "", line 1, in File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/synapseclient/client.py", line 970, in store mimetype=local_state_fh.get('contentType')) File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/synapseclient/upload_functions.py", line 67, in upload_file_handle return upload_synapse_s3(syn, expanded_upload_path, location['storageLocationId'], mimetype=mimetype) File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/synapseclient/upload_functions.py", line 127, in upload_synapse_s3 syn.cache.add(file_handle_id, file_path) File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/synapseclient/cache.py", line 225, in add cache_map[path] = epoch_time_to_iso(floor(_get_modified_time(path)))TypeError: a float is required" What might be wrong?

Created by Chunyu Liu liucy
datetime.datetime(2016, 7, 25, 20, 24, 25) everything confirmed so far.
@liucy I'm expecting `date` in this format: ``` >>> date datetime.datetime(2016, 7, 25, 20, 24, 25) ``` can you verify the type of `date` is a `datetime` object as follows: ``` >>> type(date) ```
1469478265.0 2016-07-25 20:24:25
Hi @liucy , To help us investigate the problem, please provide the output for the following commands: ``` import os from datetime import datetime secs = os.path.getmtime('d:/results.txt') print(secs) date = datetime.utcfromtimestamp(abs(secs)) print(date) ```
actually it was in a usb drive. But I copied it to c:/ still the same error!
Hi @liucy , Is the drive (`d:/`) where the file `results.txt` is stored a network or cloud-based drive? If so, could you verify that if you put this file on a local drive (commonly `c:/`) that you could get this feature to work? ```python # Move results.txt to the C drive (or another local drive) and try again syn.store(File('c:/results.txt', parentId='syn18415981')) ``` Thanks!
updated to python3, 1.9.2 client, same error. Uploading [####################]100.00% 16.9kB/16.9kB results.txt Done... Traceback (most recent call last): File "", line 1, in File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/synapseclient/client.py", line 971, in store mimetype=local_state_fh.get('contentType')) File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/synapseclient/upload_functions.py", line 67, in upload_file_handle return upload_synapse_s3(syn, expanded_upload_path, location['storageLocationId'], mimetype=mimetype) File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/synapseclient/upload_functions.py", line 127, in upload_synapse_s3 syn.cache.add(file_handle_id, file_path) File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/synapseclient/cache.py", line 225, in add cache_map[path] = epoch_time_to_iso(floor(_get_modified_time(path))) TypeError: must be real number, not NoneType
Hi @liucy , The latest version of the Synapse Python client is 1.9.2. I would recommend upgrade to the latest version an try again. Please let me know if the problem persists. Also, Python 2.7 is deprecated and [will be gone soon](https://python3statement.org/). I recommend upgrade to Python 3.5 or later version sooner rather than later.
>>> synapseclient.__version__ u'1.9.0' >>> import os >>> os.path.exists("d:/results.txt") True
u'1.9.0' >>> import os >>> os.path.exists("d:/results.txt") True
Also, please provide the output for these Python commands: ``` import os os.path.exists("d:/results.txt") ```
@liucy , what version of the Synapse Python client are you using? You can find this information by either run the command line client: ``` synapse --version ``` or in Python: ``` import synapseclient synapseclient.__version__ ```
Hello @liucy, I'm looping in one of our engineers to see if we can help diagnose this issue for you. cc: @kimyen Thank you!

problem uploading data page is loading…