Dear Sage developers, It seems that Synapse entities have an implicit "owner" attribute. Is there a way to transfer it to another user or team? I skimmed the Python API, but only found setPermissions(), which I'm guessing works similar to the web interface. A colleague and myself tested the web interface by having one of us create a Synapse project and promote the other person to an administrator. However, the latter was not able to then demote the original owner as a way of transferring ownership. Thanks, -Artem

Created by Artem Sokolov ArtemSokolov
Thanks, Kenneth. The API works great!
It's not possible in the web interface - I believe by design. However, you can do it from the other clients (I tested in R, but would be similar in Python). Here's an example:   ``` # Get an existing ACL acl <- synGetEntityACL('syn6040711') # Create a new ACL (in R it's a ResourceAccessList object), excluding the person you want to remove # In this case, my original ACL had two users, and I only wanted to keep the second one (which was not myself) # You could be more complex here to find specific users that should be removed, something like: # which(unlist(lapply(acl@resourceAccess@content, function(x) x$principalId == '3335327'))) newacl <- ResourceAccessList(acl@resourceAccess[[2]]) # Set the new ACL newacl <- synUpdateEntityACL(acl) ```
That was my testing account (@anonymoose)!
I just tested and replicated what you note. According to one of our engineers that shouldn't be the case - he's going to help me out, so I'll get back to you soon!
This is what we've tried: 1. User A creates a Synapse project. 2. User A invites User B to join the project. 3. User B accepts the invite and joins the project. 4. User A promotes User B to administrator. At this point, User B is able to invite new users, remove existing users (except User A), and change permissions for existing users (except User A). However, hovering over User A's permission box brings up a cursor with a "not allowed" symbol. Additionally, User A does not have a "remove" button found next to other users. Here's a screenshot from User B's perspective: ![Screenshot](http://i.imgur.com/epckU5C.png)
You should be able to add a new person as an administrator, and then that person (using their account) can remove you as an administrator. Could you provide more details on how you were performing this action?

Change of ownership of Synapse entities page is loading…