Dear all : I logged the system using my google account , and according to the documentation : "The Synapse website can authenticate using a Google account, but you?ll need to take the extra step of creating a Synapse password to use the programmatic clients." What are those extra steps? where can I find them? Thanks for your attention Cheers DD

Created by Didier Barradas-Bautista DxBarradasB
Hey, You should use your real name instead of fake one if fake one it will show of error when it was entered, but they just already to use if someone use real it will show it will be successed it. Have a problem? Please let me know OR pin me for the problem! If you have any question? Question at me in the private one!
Thank you @DxBarradasB for your immediate advice. I solved to my problem through ?resetting? a password with verifying email, newly set a password. I think it should be clarified. Thanks again Chungsoo Kim
Hi @cskim A quick solution ate least for me was to use the API synapse key that is provided at the bottom of your profile settings then with the snipet provided (in my case python) in the web page you can logi in with : import synapseclient syn = synapseclient.Synapse() syn.login( . apiKey="yourAPIky" , email="you.email@your.choice")
I also have the same problem. I also login using google account. I cannot find where the webpage to set the extra password, only can see change password box. please make me sure where can I set the password. Thank you Chungsoo Kim
Hi @DxBarradasB , Thanks for your question! You should go to your [profile settings](https://www.synapse.org/#!Profile:v/settings) to set a password. I will update our documentation to reflect that step. Let me know if it works or if you have any further questions.

Synapse password for google account login page is loading…