Hi, I'm having trouble using synapse via command line and from within Python. I continually get the following error prior to even being asked to log in: command: "synapse get syn25147824" ``` requests.exceptions.SSLError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='repo-prod.prod.sagebase.org', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /repo/v1 (Caused by SSLError(SSLCertVerificationError(1, '[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: self signed certificate in certificate chain (_ssl.c:1108)'))) ``` If I try with the "--skip-checks" option I'm able to log in but the download fails with the same type of error: command: "synapse --skip-checks get syn25147824" ``` requests.exceptions.SSLError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='auth-prod.prod.sagebase.org', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /auth/v1/session (Caused by SSLError(SSLCertVerificationError(1, '[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: self signed certificate in certificate chain (_ssl.c:1108)'))) ``` I'm using Python 3.8.3 and Synapse Client 2.3.0 and I've tried on both mac and linux . Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Created by Andrew Trujillo trujila6
The suggestion to try connecting from outside of our corporate network worked and the download succeeded. Thanks @brucehoff @jordan.kiang_admin !
@trujila6 Another useful bit of debugging info would be to print the certificate chain from one of these devices. The error sounds like there is an untrusted element in the certificate chain when connecting to Synapse which could mean that there is something on the network or one the machine(s) that is serving to interrupt normal encryption which is why bruce suggested trying another network. If the problem persists if you could run the below command on one of these machines from the terminal and send the output we could compare it to what would normally be expected when connecting to Synapse. ``` echo "" | openssl s_client -showcerts -host repo-prod.prod.sagebase.org -port 443 ```
Are you running from within Genetech? If so, please try from another network and let me know if it works. Also, I'm tagging @jordank, our lead client engineer, to follow this thread.

SSL certificate error with synapseclient page is loading…