We have a request from a user that wants an email notification when a new file is uploaded or an existing file is updated. Is there a way to set this up? Thanks.

Created by gates-ki-service
Yes, such notifications would be useful. I have searched in the Synapse Docs but haven't found any information with this respect. The only way I can think of doing so, is doing it individually by writing a script that periodically accesses Synapse via its posted APIs (e.g. the content of the directory in question), together with some post-processing to filter the desired information.
I am also interested in this and would like to be able to enable notifications when new files are added to certain folders.
As a user, I may want to have a notification once a day for a particular folder (not for each file updates/upload in that folder). There could be hundreds of file uploads within a folder and one wouldn't want 100s of mail notifications. So, even if there are multiple uploads within a day, a mail notification for that folder at the end of the day should be suffice. If above is too complicated to implement, mail notification enable/disable option would be good at folder level.
When a file is added to a project or folder or when a new version is uploaded.
What updates would you want to be notified on? Simply just new versions of the file? For new files added, I assume you'd want to know when a file was added to project or folder, both?
@KevinBoske Would you care to engage here?

Is there way to enable email notifications when files are uploaded? page is loading…