I have been getting errors when trying to upload files stated in the manifest file. Command run: synapse sync my_manifest.txt Erro message: # ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Starting upload... / ValueError: Sync aborted due to upload failure caused by SynapseFileCacheError: Could not obtain a lock on the file cache within timeout: 0:01:10 Please try again later # ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am running "Synapse Client 2.6.0" on a Ubuntu server - Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS (GNU/Linux 4.15.0-154-generic x86_64).

Created by Ying-Wooi Wan yingwooiwan
Just posting here: The problem was resolved by deleting the `~/.synapseCache` directory all together and recreating it.
Sorry. My bad. Let me try with sagebase.org.
Hi @yingwooiwan , Sorry for the troubles - are you seeing this even with my sagebase.org email? : thomas.yu@sagebase.org , not thomas.yu@synapse.org.
Hi @thomas.yu , I received the following: Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups: thomas.yu@synapse.org The recipient's mailbox is full and can't accept messages now. Please try resending your message later, or contact the recipient directly.
Hi @yingwooiwan , Please try thomas.yu@sagebase.org. Thanks!
The mail was bounced back. Please tell me how I can share the manifest file. Thanks.
@thomas.yu sure. I had just emailed you the manifest file and files I am trying to upload.
@abby.vanderlinden / @yingwooiwan , Could you provide me with the manifest file so i could take a look? Unfortunately, if the above fix doesn't work, then I'm really uncertain what is causing the issue. This would require me to reproduce the error on my end to attempt to sleuth and fix the issue.
@thomas.yu Another wrinkle is that on one attempt, Wooi appeared to get a message that two files had successfully been uploaded before the upload aborted again, but those files did not appear in the specified parent folder syn34767252. Not sure what this implies, but figured it might be worth mentioning. I verified that the parent id was correct in her upload manifest.
Hi @thomas.yu I did empty the cache folder: (base) wooi@humble:~/.synapseCache$ ls -al total 8 drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Sep 12 09:55 . drwxr-xr-x 14 wooi wooi 4096 Sep 10 10:36 ..
Hi @yingwooiwan , Could you try the solution posted here: https://www.synapse.org/#!SynapseForum:threadId=3314&replyId=15227
Thanks for the reply. Thomas. I just tried. Still the same error.
Hello @yingwooiwan , Apologies as I was on vacation all of last week. Please try to clear the `~/.synapseCache` directory. That might solve your problem.
@thomas.yu Can you please reply?

Error uploading file using "synapse sync" page is loading…