15 minutes of searching hasn't revealed anything and I don't love the idea of putting my password directly in scripts!

Created by David Knowles davidaknowles
Great, thanks for the prompt response.
You're right! That needs to be written and added to our [Getting Started Guide](http://docs.synapse.org/articles/getting_started.html). I'll post right here that there are two ways - use the `synapseLogin()` command once with `rememberMe=True`, or to set up a configuration file. If you use `rememberMe`, this sets a file in your Synapse cache directory (`~/.synapseCache/.session`). If you prefer a manual configuration file, this goes in your home directory as a hidden file called `.synapseConfig`. The structure is:   ``` [authentication] username = yourusername password = yourpassword ``` For the `rememberMe` method: #### Python ``` import synapseclient synapseclient.login(rememberMe=True) ``` #### R ``` library(synapseClient) synapseLogin(rememberMe=TRUE) ``` #### Command line ``` synapse login --rememberMe ```

Where is the documentation on how to setup a .synapseConfig file? page is loading…