I'm seeing a few final test submissions, so thanks to everyone participating. How are people feeling about time? Are teams feeling like more time would be valuable? Would love your feedback. -Solly

Created by Solveig Sieberts sieberts
Unfortunately, _real_ modeling situations are often complex, unlike toy examples, @michelangelo. It was quite the task to find the data we did, and we will be interested to see how participants are able to do with these data. As for the raw Biochronicity data, we cannot provide the bam files, though we have provided the raw counts as well as the transformed data. Since this is a counting process, the standard deviation is a function of the counts themselves.
Regarding feedback, in my opinion having a different platform as validation set is indeed out of the scope of this challenge. It was very unexpected to see such deviance from the original platform specially when you mentioned it some months ago that the you have good dataset candidates. Regarding the deadline extension, we would like to have raw data for IndependentTest_Biochronicity or at least the variance and mean and standard deviation of the original data (before transformation).
I'll extend this round one more week. In order to keep the analysis timelines reasonable, I don't think we can extend further. Thanks for your feedback everyone!
More time could be useful like a couple of weeks maybe.
I would like to request if more time is given, may be 1 more week.
I think having a lot more time with the RNA-Seq data would have been great (but not necessary). The RNA-Seq data requires solving two challenges: determining correspondence between RNA-Seq and microarray data, and then feature extraction. The former seems like a general issue suitable for a whole other challenge, and I'm not sure a few more weeks would have helped me very much. Since the goal is to find the most robust predictors, I don't have a problem with the limited time provided.
Hi There, I hope you are doing well. I think timing was not the main issue. The problem in my side was tow type of data and putting in one submission. It make the situation more complex. I hope you evaluate the predictions separately based on the type of data predicted as well as combined predictions. Thanks, - S

Round 1 Independent Test Submissions page is loading…