Can we postpone the deadline for LOOCV, code, predictor list and write-up (excluding the leatherboard submissions) by one or two days? I think most of the participants have spent a lot of effort trying to improve their models during the leatherboard experiments. It would be nice to have some more time to wrap things up for the remaining tasks. Thanks

Created by Zafer Aydin zaferaydin
I submitted my last model yesterday to SC2 and yes I spent the last 6 weeks working on the models but of course the last couple of days were more intense due to the leatherboard submissions. I really learn from other people's submissions and I want to incorporate that to my LOOCVs. Another thing is I just learned that I had to re-do my LOOCVs because first in one of your thread replies you mentioned that you want the LOOCV models and the models used to predict leatherboards to be the same but as Dr. Pandey responded to my recent question, I learned that I had to re-do model optimizations for each iteration of LOOCV, which means in the LOOCV experiment the optimum model configurations would be slightly different from the leatherboard ones (which use the entire data to fit the models). I really want to submit good quality work and contribute to this challenge. That's the main reason.
Zafer- I'd like to understand further where this issue is coming from. Leaderboards have been open and submission requirements and deadlines were announced more than 6 weeks ago. Have you truthfully been spending the entire 6 weeks optimizing and refining your models? I don't see leaderboard submissions from you until about 3 days ago, but have you spent the previous 6 weeks actively working on your models? In other words, has the time truly been too short, or did you choose to wait until near the deadline to finish refining your models? I see lots of leaderboard submission, predictor lists and LOOCVs in the directories, which leads me to believe this might not be a universal problem, though I'd love to hear other peoples' experience. Solly
The reason is all deadlines are at the same time. Having one or two days in between the leatherboards and preparing LOOCVs, code, and other stuff would be more effective in terms of improving the quality of submissions. People compete till the last time to improve the models and it is hard for me to concentrate multiple tasks at the same time. I prefer incorporating the improvements I make in my models from leatherboard experiments to my LOOCV results.
@zaferaydin, I'm not inclined to extend the deadline as you should have been aware of it for quite some time now, and we have urged you to give yourself ample time to complete these tasks. Is there a particular reason you need more time?

Challenge Deadline page is loading…