Hi, In another post, I see that we are allowed to use histone modification derived DNA features. So are we allowed to use a tool that predicts DNA methylation? The tool only takes DNA sequence as input. I think we are allowed to do so because we didn't use any other data types. We just use a tool that transforms DNA sequence to DNA methylation. I'm listing some lines from the rules: An exception to this rule is the use of sequence features derived from DNA sequence. E.g. participants can use experimentally or computationally derived sequence motifs or other types of features derived from DNA sequence from any source. I think this DNA methylation is "one type of features derived from DNA sequence". And because this type of "DNA methylation" is derived just from DNA sequence, it is cell-type independent, which is far more different to the real "DNA methylation data". Thanks, Yichao

Created by yichao li unfashionable
You can use DNA sequence features derived from DNA methylation or histone modifications or conservation or anything else you like. But no you cannot use a predicted DNA methylation track as an input. -Anshul.

Tools to predict DNA Methylation just using DNA sequence page is loading…