Hi, I have received an email stating that "Sorry, but we were unable to process your submission to the MM_Challenge_2". When looking for the log file to see what has been wrong, there is no log file. I am wondering if this is happening to other people as well. The way it is right now I have no idea what has gone wrong in the submission process. Further clarification is highly appreciated. (My submission number ID is 9634934.) Thank you.

Created by Farshad Farshidfar farshad
Dear Farshad, I'm unsure how to install a windows environment on docker, but I'm sure its possible. Although I'm unsure how I would execute the bash script from a windows environment of docker. The best bet is to use a linux and ubuntu environment to develop your code. Apologies for the inconvenience. Best, Tom
Dear Thomas, I found what was the problem, and interestingly it was not caused by my code. Obviously, EOL character is different in Linux (not all Linuxs, I was working with other editions successfully) and Windows, and just because my code was edited in Windows, Linux could not identify and run it. Hence was the " No prediction file", because the code was not entering into execution in the first place! I wish I knew that earlier, as this was my first experience with Ubuntu on Docker. Best, Farshad
Dear Tom, Thank you for checking. It is weird. Hopefully, I can get some log from the Express lane, otherwise there is no way to understand what is not working with the script. Best, Farshad
Dear Farshad, I was able to run the docker image, but it doesn't seem like logs are being returned by your shell scripts. I would try to submit to the express lanes now so you can start debugging your model earlier in time for round 2. Best, Tom
Thanks for checking. So, I remember you said you will rerun the submission and will let me know of the results. My question is were you able to run it, and you still did not get any prediction file or any reports from the code regarding in which stage of progress it stops? Thanks, Farshad
Dear Farshad, Apologies for the confusion. This means that your docker image has been validated and can be executed (No prediction file has been generated at this point). The email you get after is the important one, as it states that there was an issue with your docker image. I'm unsure as to why you aren't getting any logs. As long as you have any print statements in your code, docker logs should catch it. My guess is that the execution of your docker container threw a silent error and quit. Best, Tom
This is the message I have received: submission name: syn10775936 submission ID: 9635181 Your submission has been validated! As your submission is being ran, please go here: https://www.synapse.org/#!Synapse:syn10798081 to check on your log file. However, there is another message after this for the same submission ID that reads: No prediction file generated, please check your log file: https://www.synapse.org/#!Synapse:syn10798492 And again, there is no log file that I can use to see what has been the error. Thanks for the help, Farshad
Dear Farshad, It doesn't look like your submission to the express lane was successful. Do you have a submission Id so I can confirm? Best, Tom
How can I find more info regarding why it has been invalid? The Express Lane returned successfully, and I have no log in hand. Thanks, Farshad
Dear Farshad, Apologies, but your submission was invalid, so there isn't a score. Best, Tom
Dear Thomas, Any news regarding my submission? I could not find any stats in the leaderboard on performance of my submission. Thanks, Farshad
Dear Farshad, Thanks for posting on the forums. I think an error message would have been thrown if you did that and it would have been captured by the docker agent. I will rerun your submission and let you know the result as soon as possible. Best, Tom
Dear Thomas, I was wondering if the error was caused by using "./FileName.R" in the bash file, instead of "./Rscript FileName.R". As I simply replaced the filename on the template that was provided for the bash file with my file name (both R scripts), is it possible that this is the source of issue? Thanks, Farshad
Dear Thomas, Thanks for the response. The script does write an output and does report its progress; so, I do not see any reason to not send out any output. I was wondering if the script was not executed for some reason. Looking forward to see what you can find on that. Yours, Farshad
Dear Farshad, We are currently looking into this. Apologies for the inconvenience. If you did not output anything in your model, there will be no logs written. (stout, or sterr) Best, Tom

"No prediction file generated, please check your log file" and there is no log file. page is loading…