Dear organizers I made 2 submissions one on each of subch3 express lane and main lane, but I don't seem to receive any submission confirmation, and the status is "OPEN" in the dashboard. submission name: syn11449962 submission ID: 9655039 Mushthofa

Created by Mushthofa Mushthofa mushthofa
Dear Minji and Mushthofa, Unfortunately, after discussing with the challenge organizers, we will not be allowing an exception in these cases. Kind Regards, Mike
Dear Minji and Mushthofa, I will bring this up with the challenge organizers today. As it stands I don't think an extension will be provided. The express lanes and main submission queues are open for a week before the deadline to facilitate testing and submissions. I expect that at most the challenge organizers will allow your submissions but that they will not be eligible for financial or authorship incentives for question 3. I will try to get back to you by the end of the day today (5 pm pacific time). Regards, Mike
Hi Mike, We had similar problem as Minji, although we note that our model is fairly simple and should not take more than 30 minutes. I submitted our model about 1 hour before the deadline to the debug lane (9655039) , and expected to have the debug output before the deadline finish, to make sure that there is no error. However, as I mentioned, our submission to the express lane did not even start to execute 40 minutes after the deadline, and hence I could not see any debug output. Thus, with time running out, I had to submit the model just before the deadline, without knowing whether it will error out or not (shooting in the dark), but alas, it did. In fact there were no syntax error, and it was just a matter of not having the latest model file copied out in the docker container. After the deadline was finished, I could still resubmit to the express lane (with the correct model file) and the submission ran successfully, but of course we could not submit it to the main lane anymore. I am sure you can check all of this in the log. I kindly ask your consideration in this matter. Related to that, is it actually possible to see the score generated in the debug lane submission that I had shortly after the deadline closes? Thank you.
To be precise, we submitted our model to the express lane a few hours before the deadline but did not receive a submission confirmation email for an hour after submission. We also saw the status at the dashboard that our code was not running. We thought there was a problem with the machine and our model was not verified in the express lane, but we had no choice but to submit it to the main lane. Our model is made up of several smaller models. It can create a prediction file even if one of the smaller models does not work, but the model we designed should work for all the smaller models. Actually, the model that was finally scored had an error in one of the smaller models. We noticed that the model had an error after the submission deadline, and after debugging we have confirmed that it has been scored successfully on the express lane, so we hope to submit it to the main lane. We would be very happy if we could submit the model we designed.
Any submission pushed before the deadline but not completed until after the deadline should be ok and accepted. I will check on that now.
To clarify, my submission on the express lane finally get executed, and is currently being evaluated. From the dashboard: 9655039 EVALUATION_IN_PROGRESS syn11449962 11/23/2017 9:43:54 AM 11/23/2017 8:06:33 AM I submitted it at 23.05 (PST time), and it started to get executed only after 00:43 PST time, well after the deadline, and is still currently running, so I have not been able to debug/fix any errors. I would kindly request the organizers to allow me to make a final submission for our team. Thank you. Mushthofa
Dear organizers, We have not been able to complete a final SC3 submission for technical reasons as well - please consider a short deadline extension if at all possible.
Dear organizers, I would implore you to give a few hours extension, as my code did not run properly on express lane submission, which makes it really difficult to debug. If you could allow just one final submission ? Thank you
I have the same issue. My submission is syn11500687(9655035), and syn11415900(9655041). I would like to ask if the deadline for submission can be extended. The model we submitted to the express lane took over four hours. I've modified the code and submitted it, but I do not know if this code will be successfully finished. We have spent more than a few months on this project and wish to see the results. Could you extend it just for hours?

Submission not run page is loading…