Hello, It is said that "Top teams will be invited to participate in manuscript design and writing, and therefore eligible for byline authorship." I think it is a little bit unclear about what defines a top team. I'm from team PersianGulf and we participated SC1. In terms of weighted_avg_iAUC, we are in the first place. Would you generously consider all first place winners of weighted_avg_iAUC as eligible for byline authorship? Because based on the R graphs, all these teams didn't win in terms of BACC. Especially for SC2 and SC3, the differences are so significant. I'm sure these are something that should be discussed in the manuscript. These differences can only be revealed by looking at the prediction models. Thanks, Yichao

Created by yichao li unfashionable
Hi Mike, Is our team included in the "Multiple Myeloma DREAM Consortium"? I didn't find my name in the supplement text here: https://www.nature.com/articles/s41375-020-0742-z I'm pretty sure I put my name in the google sheet. Thanks, Yichao
Hi Yichao, We define top teams as the top performing team in each or the sub-challenges (1 per sub-challenge). Using the primary metric we bootstrap the validation round submissions and compute a Bayes factor relative to the the team with the highest primary metric. Teams with Bayes factor <= 3 are considered tied within that sub-challenge. The tie-breaking metric is then applied to the tied group to find the sub-challenge winner. Occasionally, one team will win multiple sub-challenges and we will look to the other teams in the sub-challenge tied groups and invite them to join the manuscript writing. Other times we may invite another tied team if their method highlights a particular biological finding in the challenge. In most cases we do not invite other teams to join the manuscript writing process. I hope this provides more insight into our process. Kind Regards, Mike

Definition of "top teams" and manuscript authorship page is loading…