Hello, 1. Can you tell me where I can find "birth_year" info in genie v13? Also, I have found survival-related data in data_clinical_patient.txt, but the column names do not match those on Table 8 (page 23 in version 13 Data Guide). Is there another file with the info from table 8? I could not find it. For reference, I am working with glioma samples. , 2. Is "Vital Status" data_clinical_patient analogous to "DEAD" from Table 8? Can you confirm that TRUE means the patient is deceased? 3. In data_clinical_patient.txt, several patients have last follow up ("Interval in days from DOB to date of Last contact") but overall survival is unknown or not applicable ("Interval in days from DOB to DOD"). Their vital status is "FALSE"-- does this mean that they were alive at the date of last follow up? Thank you in advance for clarifying! I could not find an answer to my question on the data guide. For reference, you can find what I'm describing in the glioma samples from DFCI, COLU.

Created by Hia Ghosh hghosh1
Dear @hghosh1, Thank you again for your interest in the GENIE dataset! 1. Currently BIRTH_YEAR is not available to the public version of the GENIE dataset. 2. "DEAD" is analogous to "Vital Status." It answers the question ?Is this patient known to be deceased?? ? TRUE means the patient is known to be deceased and FALSE means the patient is known to be alive. 3. If they have a "Not Applicable" value for INT_DOD, an available value for INT_CONTACT, and "FALSE" for their vital status, then this means patient was alive in their last contact. INT_CONTACT is calculated by the patient's last known alive date (YEAR_CONTACT). Let us know if there is any other clarifications needed! Best, Chelsea

Update 13's Survival Related Data page is loading…