Hello, I downloaded the data_mutations_extended.txt file of both release 6.2 and 7.0, I filtered the data according to the following values: 1. "Start_Position"(between 89618196 and 89733687), 2. "Chromosome"(10) 3. "Variant_Classification" (["Missense_Mutation", "Nonsense_Mutation", "Splice_Site", "Nonstop_Mutation", "Silent", "Splice_Region", "Translation_Start_Site"]) 4. "Reference_Allele"== A or ==C or ==G or ==T and "Tumor_Seq_Allele2"== A or ==C or ==G or ==T. According to these filters, I got **63 mutations in the 6.2 release data, and only 1 in the 7.0 release data**. Is this kind of difference possible? I couldnt find a problem with my code to explain it otherwise. Thank you! Linoy

Created by linoy_tsaban
Hello @linoy_tsaban, Apologies for the delay in response. Unfortunately, I don't observe these 63 mutations, I only found 2 mutations that fit this criteria: 1. Chromosome: 10 1. Start_Position: 89720659 1. Reference_Allele: G 1. Tumor_Seq_Allele2: T Is this what you mean by 89720659G>T? Other than that, the mutations counts can actually change from release to release due to corrections or updates in the data. Best, Tom
Thank you for yout reply! In point 4 I ment I only kept samples whose "Reference_Allele" value and "Tumor_Seq_Allele2" value in ["A", "C","G","T"]. I know understand my question was not written well. After filtering the data acoording to the 4 steps I described, I got **63 mutations in position 89720659**, specifically: ****89720659G>T** appeared 63 times in release 6.2 but this same mutation only appeared once in release 7**. Does it still make sense? Thank you!!
Hello @linoy_tsaban, Im not certain I understand bullet point #4. If you look in the [data release page](https://www.synapse.org/#!Synapse:syn7222066/wiki/410924), it has brief descriptions of the patches made to the releases. It is entirely possible for variant data to change between releases due to sites retracting / revising data. Best, Tom

Is this differnce in mutations from release 6.2 to release 7 possible? page is loading…