Dr. Costello I am having an issue with the data imputation methods (TODO #3), I have tried three different methods: 1). Multivariate imputations via chained equations) this kept running but would not complete, I think my machine is not powerful enough do complete the task in a reasonable time. 2). Amelia packages, takes sample of bootstrap and runs an EMB algorithm, this method did not work because of the variables >> observations problem. 3). I tried a random forest method with the package missForest, this like (MICE) won't complete the task in a reasonable time. If you have any suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated.

Created by Jonathan Dekermanjian Dekermanjian
Thank you for the advice. I managed to get everything to run by using a smaller data set and tweaking some of the settings with the multivariate imputations method.
Hi Jonathan, two thoughts. First, you can work with a smaller dataset if you are running into size issues. Second, don't be overly complicated with your data imputation method. very simple approaches like inferring the mean can work pretty well.

Assignment 1 Questions. page is loading…