This thread is the designated place to ask questions about running the **md5sum** workflow.

Created by James Eddy jaeddy
Hey @Azza Thanks for letting me know, I'll correct it. Do you remember which one was it? Maybe syn:id would help Thanks! **EDIT** I found it, thank for the FYI.
Hello, This is a bit out of place here, but while documenting my run for the md5sum workflow, I erroneously edited the wiki file of @achave11 , from the UCSC GA4GH-DREAM Challenge Team. I just wished to bring their attention to this via this area. Thanks, Azza
Yes my question was answer, Thanks.
Hi @bshifaw   The instructions for the md5sum workflow [**here**](https://www.synapse.org/#!Synapse:syn10167920) assume that you're running the workflow, the checker, and the submit CWL all within the same directory. So, after `md5sum.cwl` is ran, there should be a new file named `md5sum.txt` in the folder; this is the input for `md5sum_checker.cwl` (i.e., you don't need to provide a full or relative path).   Does this answer your question?   -James
I was hoping to recycle the md5sum checker cwl. Where would the known md5sum output need to be placed? I was suspecting the md5sum_checker.cwl.json would have hint where the known md5sum input would be but it only uses md5sum.txt as input.
I'm working on a fix for this, the container for 1.0.4 of the md5sum tool is building and, once it's done, I'll release a new version of the workflow. I think I need to change the references in Synapse once this is done.
I ran it with Toil on my Mac. It failed, saying insufficient resources.
Hmm... good catch. @briandoconnor should be able to fix that in a future version. Just curious ? are you using a system that actually provisions resources based on the "hint" fields? That would be cool (though obviously problematic if you're looking for 1/2 a TB of space...).
I believe there is a problem in dockstore-tool-md5sum.cwl. The CWL specification (http://www.commonwl.org/draft-3/CommandLineTool.html#ResourceRequirement) states that the outdirMin value is specified in MB (mebibytes actually). Therefore, dockstore-tool-md5sum.cwl is asking for 512000M. So 1/2 a TB.

md5sum workflow help page is loading…