This thread is the designated place to ask questions about running the **pcawg-delly-sv-caller** workflow.

Created by James Eddy jaeddy
Sure. Thanks @bogdang!
Sorry, did not have time to debug the checker tool as well. You can use cwltool for running the checker tool for now.
Hi @bogdang, Not a problem. I have tested with your docker image and this works fine. Thank you for the link. Do you have an image for the checker tool as well? Regards, Vipin
Hi @vipin , I am out of office this week, so I hope to submit a report some time next week. In the meantime, you can try to replace the docker image in the pcawg-delly-sv-caller.cwl tool with this one: images.sbgenomics.com/bogdang/pcawg-delly:1 Setting this docker image instead of the original one (quay.io/pancancer/pcawg_delly_workflow:feature_gosu_and_icgc_portal) should help in running it with rabix and on the CGC. Hope this will help, Bogdan
Hi @Junjun, I was trying to run `pcawg-delly-sv-caller` workflow using `rabix` as the runner. But I am encountering the following error message: ```shell ~/tools/rabix-cli-dev/rabix-cli-1.0.1/rabix --tmpdir-prefix /home/wfrunner/tmp/ --tmp-outdir-prefix /home/wfrunner/tmp/ pcawg-delly-sv-caller.cwl pcawg-delly-sv-caller.cwl.json [2017-12-11 15:45:43.149] [INFO] Job root has started [2017-12-11 15:46:59.071] [INFO] Pulling docker image quay.io/pancancer/pcawg_delly_workflow:feature_gosu_and_icgc_portal [2017-12-11 15:46:59.934] [INFO] Running command line: /start.sh perl /usr/bin/run_seqware_workflow.pl --run-id run_id --normal-bam /home/wfrunner/dream_challenge/2017/workflow_execution/workflows/pcawg-delly-sv-caller_rabix/./input/HCC1143_BL.bam --tumor-bam /home/wfrunner/dream_challenge/2017/workflow_execution/workflows/pcawg-delly-sv-caller_rabix/./input/HCC1143.bam --reference-gz /home/wfrunner/dream_challenge/2017/workflow_execution/workflows/pcawg-delly-sv-caller_rabix/./input/genome.fa.gz --reference-gc /home/wfrunner/dream_challenge/2017/workflow_execution/workflows/pcawg-delly-sv-caller_rabix/./input/hs37d5_1000GP.gc [2017-12-11 15:47:04.750] [ERROR] Job 0db18949-15e5-4a66-8d77-2dca1718bf30 failed with exit code 1. [2017-12-11 15:47:04.751] [INFO] Job 0db18949-15e5-4a66-8d77-2dca1718bf30 failed with exit code 1. [2017-12-11 15:47:04.796] [WARN] Root job 0db18949-15e5-4a66-8d77-2dca1718bf30 failed. [2017-12-11 15:47:04.887] [INFO] Failed to execute a Job ``` ```YAML docker_version: 1.12.6 runner_version: rabix 1.0.1 ``` Please let me know if you want to get more details from my side to look at the issue. @bogdang: I am seeing from the above message that you were able to execute this workflow but I am not seeing the documentation, Can you please provide me if you have a reference. Thank you, Vipin
Hi @Junjun, I am trying to run your workflow with `cwltoil` and it fails at the result validation step. I can provide you the error message which I am getting: ```shell cwltoil pcawg-delly-sv-caller_checker.cwl pcawg-delly-sv-caller_checker.cwl.json wfexecutor 2017-12-11 15:03:23,066 MainThread INFO toil.lib.bioio: Root logger is at level 'INFO', 'toil' logger at level 'INFO'. wfexecutor 2017-12-11 15:03:23,067 MainThread INFO toil.lib.bioio: Root logger is at level 'INFO', 'toil' logger at level 'INFO'. wfexecutor 2017-12-11 15:03:23,070 MainThread INFO toil.jobStores.abstractJobStore: The workflow ID is: '57fb47ac-6006-4b79-8068-2f3039d9e104' Resolved 'pcawg-delly-sv-caller_checker.cwl' to 'file:///home/wfrunner/dream_challenge/2017/workflow_execution/workflows/pcawg-delly-sv-caller_toil/pcawg-delly-sv-caller_checker.cwl' wfexecutor 2017-12-11 15:03:23,072 MainThread INFO cwltool: Resolved 'pcawg-delly-sv-caller_checker.cwl' to 'file:///home/wfrunner/dream_challenge/2017/workflow_execution/workflows/pcawg-delly-sv-caller_toil/pcawg-delly-sv-caller_checker.cwl' Traceback (most recent call last): File "/home/wfrunner/tools/venv/bin/cwltoil", line 11, in sys.exit(main()) File "/home/wfrunner/tools/venv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/toil/cwl/cwltoil.py", line 873, in main strict=useStrict) File "/home/wfrunner/tools/venv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cwltool/load_tool.py", line 285, in load_tool strict=strict, fetcher_constructor=fetcher_constructor) File "/home/wfrunner/tools/venv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cwltool/load_tool.py", line 216, in validate_document schema.validate_doc(avsc_names, processobj, document_loader, strict) File "/home/wfrunner/tools/venv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/schema_salad/schema.py", line 338, in validate_doc strip_dup_lineno(bullets(anyerrors, "* "))) schema_salad.validate.ValidationException: pcawg-delly-sv-caller_checker.cwl:1:1: Object `pcawg-delly-sv-caller_checker.cwl` is not valid because tried `CommandLineTool` but pcawg-delly-sv-caller_checker.cwl:9:1: the `inputs` field is not valid because pcawg-delly-sv-caller_checker.cwl:15:3: item is invalid because pcawg-delly-sv-caller_checker.cwl:16:5: the `type` field is not valid because - tried CommandInputRecordSchema but pcawg-delly-sv-caller_checker.cwl:17:7: * the `type` field is not valid because the value 'array' is not a valid Record_symbol, expected 'record' pcawg-delly-sv-caller_checker.cwl:18:7: * invalid field `items`, expected one of: 'fields', 'type', 'label' pcawg-delly-sv-caller_checker.cwl:19:7: * invalid field `default`, expected one of: 'fields', 'type', 'label' pcawg-delly-sv-caller_checker.cwl:16:5: - tried CommandInputEnumSchema but * missing required field `symbols` pcawg-delly-sv-caller_checker.cwl:17:7: * the `type` field is not valid because the value 'array' is not a valid Enum_symbol, expected 'enum' pcawg-delly-sv-caller_checker.cwl:18:7: * invalid field `items`, expected one of: 'symbols', 'type', 'label', 'inputBinding' pcawg-delly-sv-caller_checker.cwl:19:7: * invalid field `default`, expected one of: 'symbols', 'type', 'label', 'inputBinding' pcawg-delly-sv-caller_checker.cwl:16:5: - tried CommandInputArraySchema but pcawg-delly-sv-caller_checker.cwl:19:7: invalid field `default`, expected one of: 'items', 'type', 'label', 'inputBinding' ``` Here is information about my environment: ```YAML Environment: RHEL cwltoil --version: 3.11.0 ``` Please let me know if you need any additional information from my side to test. Thanks! Vipin
Hi @Junjun One more update, the workflow completed successfully on [CGC](https://cgc.sbgenomics.com/) as well with this update to the file in docker.
Hi @Junjun I tested the `pcawg-delly-sv-caller` with `rabix` (version 1.0.1) and encountered a minor issue related to differences in environments when running docker with cwltool and rabix. These differences are related to environment variables (HOME and TMPDIR) and directories /var/spool/cwl (which does not exist in rabix execution) and /tmp. These directories are cwltool specific and not defined by the CWL specification. To work around this difference I added a couple of lines to `/start.sh` file in the docker. ``` #!/usr/bin/env bash set -o errexit set -o pipefail set -x mkdir -p /var/spool/cwl export HOME=/var/spool/cwl export TMPDIR=/tmp gosu root chmod a+wrx /tmp gosu root chmod a+wrx /var/spool/cwl env gosu seqware bash -c "$*" #allow cwltool to pick up the results created by seqware gosu root chmod -R a+wrx /var/spool/cwl ``` Maybe not all commands really need to be added for the workflow to run with rabix (mkdir -p /var/spool/cwl is definitely required as chmod would fail since it did not exist) Does this seem like something that can be added to the `/start.sh` file in the docker image, as I think it would help make the workflow a bit more "executor agnostic"?

pcawg-delly-sv-caller workflow help page is loading…